Ai combat and railguns.

error 404 shared this bug 3 months ago
Need More Information

Using ai combat block and a agile ship with railguns i noticed somewhat inconvenient behaviour.

The ship takes a long time to stabilise and aim (compared to a player) which is bad on its own. Than when triggering railguns to fire it starts moving again, now railguns have that annoying delay from click to actual firing. And by the time the railguns actualy manage to fire the target is way off. I get mostly misses at ranges over 1km. And even closer its not much better.

Also the ship's handling and aoidance is drasticaly sub par compared to what a player can do.

Everythingh is so slow, the ship's acceleration, manouvering and rotation is not used to its full potential. Just feels like a child is flying it.

I remember playing arma 2 some 10 years ago, and we set the ai gunners to max skill. They would snipe us out from moving planes, from forests, from cars etc 2km away. Lol.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, error 404!

Thank you for writing to us.

Could you please provide more information about the issue you're experiencing?

Did this occur in a modded (with active MODs) or in a vanilla (with no active MODs) world/server?

If the issue occurred in a modded world/server, please create a blueprint of the ship and paste it into a vanilla world to check if the issue persists there as well.

If it does, kindly send us a screen recording/video showing the issue, along with the blueprint of the grid.

• You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file, and attach it here.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

No mods.

I copied it into another vanilla world and same thingh.

I wil ltry to just send you the world, it will be the easiest. You can see it in action yourself.

Not in the mood to record and post on youtube.

The red ship is mine, the other one was pasted in by a friend, i think its from workshop, just stating its not mine.

The same 2 ships as were in the original world, only i copied them in this one, so the many other grids do not take up a ton of space.

photo

Hi. Any news?

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file