In Game Mic Audio Intermittently Not Working

Halda shared this bug 3 months ago
Need More Information

Since one of the last two updates the audio in game on offical servers does not broadcast microphone volumes properly. It seems like some players are now consistent not being able to hear others, whereas some can clearly heat those talking. A few players have spent the time comparing in game settings to find a difference and even including going to windows settings to see default roles for microphone and speakers. This searching around included checking steam audio settings to ensure things were proper there.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Halda!

Thank you for letting us know about this issue.

Could you share some more information about the issue?

Specifically, do the players who couldn't hear other players have high ping, or do the players with low/normal ping also experience the same issue?

Moreover, if you have any information about the results from the players who compared the in-game, Steam, and Windows settings, did they find anything that could have been causing the mic audio issue (any particular audio setting or something like that)?

We would be grateful if you could provide us with any other additional information regarding this issue.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, in most cases I was the one with highest ping (100-130). I also know that the issue with others not hearing me is not just my issue, others are experiencing it (they themselves speaking and others not hearing). With regards to other settings, in all cases adjusting Windows and Steam audio settings did not fix the issue.

I would also like to include this observation; I feel like the in game audio has changed a bit (I can't say I am 100% on this), it seems like direction sound is no longer a thing. I like using sound blocks to project certain sounds indicating a processed is finished or started etc, and I am positive (again not 100%) that I use to hear those sound blocks as directional sound waves. For example, if I had the sound block on the left hand of my ship, I would only hear it in my left speaker. If I got up and flew around, the sound would change from left to right speaker based on my characters position. I have not verified my game files nor re-installed the game, was planning on doing this to see if anything changed.

photo

It interesting, today when I logged into officials, my audio was working properly with directional sound, and my in game mic audio was working. I did not change any settings. I also have not verified my game files yet.

photo

So to continue with event changing issues, I was kicked back to main menu due to being afk, logged back on to the same server and the audio was messed up (no direction). Shut the game off and started it back up and logged in, sound is back to normal. It seems the in game mic stops at the same time I have issues with directional sound not working.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file