Ai Recorder Waypoints in HUD Disappear after Undocking

Ellande T. shared this bug 3 months ago
Need More Information

Encountered an interface issue in the current (1.203.6?) version of the game.

I made a small drone to experiment with the AI blocks. The waypoints appear in my HUD with the correct options after I manually add them as part of making an auto docking sequence relative to a beacon on a connector. After playing the docking sequence the drone successfully docks to the connector with the waypoints still visible. However, upon undocking, the waypoints disappear from view and there is none of the AI Recorder options make them reappear. The waypoints do return to view once the drone docks with the connector again. I suspect that the waypoints become associated with the larger assembly once connected and cease to be shown solely for the drone, but I haven't identified if there is a way or a part to disassemble/reassemble to make the waypoints come into view for only the drone again.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Ellande!

Thank you for writing to us and we sincerely apologize for the issue you have experienced.

Could you kindly share some more information concerning this issue with us?

Is the issue occurring after the latest game update, whereas it was working fine before?

Did you experience this issue in a modded world (has active MODs) or vanilla (has no MODs)?

If the issue occurred in a modded world, could you check does the issue persists after all the MODs/Scripts were removed from the world, or you can make a blueprint of your grid and paste it in a new vanilla world to check if the issue still occurs there?

If the issue persists in the vanilla world, please send us a screen recording/video showing the issue, the vanilla world save file, and the log file from the time this issue occurred.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a Google Drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.
  • You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello,

This is the first time I'm encountering the issue, so I have no knowledge of version dependence.

I've reproduced the bug in a clean world with no mods or plugins. I've attached the associated save and I believe the associated log, as well as a video of me reproducing the bug.

Thank you!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file