Sounds get boosted by 200% (at least) when using beds, seats or helms

Omnificent shared this bug 3 months ago
Won't Fix

I have my game set to realistic sound, but when I use a Helm(cockpit) to operate my ship the sound is at least doubled, opening and closing the visor of my helm(headwear) fixes the bug until I use the cockpit helm again...

Also happens with beds, benches, and cryo chambers

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Omnificent!

Thank you for writing to us, and we apologize for the issue you have been experiencing.

We tried to replicate the issue on our side, but we didn't experience the sound boost issue in Arcade or Realistic sound mode.

Could you kindly provide us with more information about the issue you experienced?

Did you experience the issue in a modded world (has active MODs)? If so could you check if the issue persists in a vanilla world (with no active MODs) as well?

If the issue is specific to the modded world, the issue may be occurring because of MODs.

However, if the issue occurs in the vanilla world as well, please try the following steps that could resolve the issue;

Verify your game files in Steam

• Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Delete ShaderCache folder

• Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update sound and graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Launch the game and create a vanilla world to check if the issue persists.

If it does, please send us a screen recording/video showing the issue, the world save file, and the the log file from the time the issue occurred.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a Google Drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.
  • You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Vanilla, no mods or scripts, and nah im not going to do that, ill just learn to live with the bug, like I have done with so many others over the past 10 years of playing...

photo

Hello, Engineer,

thank you for you reply.

Sad to hear that you are not willing to do any of the steps that were proposed to you.

Since that, we do not have enough information in order to try to help you in the best possible way.

I will close this thread now.

Please contact us again should you find/observe any other issue in the game.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file