Game won't launch

Jonathan Amburgy shared this bug 3 months ago
Won't Fix

Game won't launch through steam client.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hello, Jonathan,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem that you are experiencing.

From the video, I can see that you have already played the game in the past. When this problem started to happen? Did something (HW, SW) changed between last time if was working and now when it is not?

This is happening all the time for you, or at some times, at some point, the game would load up?

Please try these workarounds/fixes first:

• Verify your game files in Steam – right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Please let me know if anything from this list worked for you. If not, can you please provide me a log file(s)?

Please check the Roaming folder if any game logs are created there. You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

If there won't be any logs (since the game is not starting for you, it is possible), can you please send me the log from Windows Event Viewer? You can find "how to" with steps etc. here. Please see the section "When the game does not start and does not produce any log file."

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I have done every step listed, yet still not launching. It was working just fine only a week ago. Here is the most recent log file created.

photo
photo

Hello, Jonathan,

thank you for your reply.

Are you sure you did everything listed above?

Please once you try to do the reinstall of the game, try to do the complete clean reinstallation of the game. That means that you would use the Uninstall command in the Steam itself, let the game to finish this action and then you would go to the game folders and check that there are no folders/files leftovers. If there are any, please delete these manually.

The game folders are located: one in the Roaming when the logs etc. are stored. After the uninstallation, please copy those file that you want to keep (saves, blueprints...) to some other place on your PC, so you won't loose them, and delete the whole Roaming/SpaceEngineers folder. The second folder with the game files is located in the Steam directory. You can find it when following: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers . Just like before, if there are any leftover files (that should not be there when the game is fully uninstalled), please delete them.

You can also check in the common folder as well to see if you have any other folders/files related to the Space Engineer.

After you check these folders and make sure that the game is completely gone from your system, please restart your PC, install the game again using Steam, and try to run it.

Let me know if there is any progress regarding this issue on your side.

If not, can you please share me new log files? This time, please share me both, as I requested in my previous response? The one from the game (like you have send), and the other one from the Windows Event Viewer app.

If you are having troubles obtaining this log, please use the "how to" steps from the previously shared page with troubleshooting.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file