System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file

Eckman Jones shared this bug 3 months ago
Won't Fix

I keep getting this error and the server restarts infinitely. I sent in an email hoping to get some sort of answer. But got nothing in return.

Server was stopped.System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\the_s\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated\SpaceEngineersDSGUI_20240117_071739653.log' because it is being used by another process.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at Sandbox.MyErrorReporter.TrySendReport(String logName, String gameId, String email, String feedback, CrashInfo info, String reportType, IEnumerable`1 files)

Replies (6)

photo

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hello, Eckman!

Thank you for writing to us.

Could you kindly share further information concerning this issue?

Are you launching the Dedicated server as admin, if not, please do so.

Also, another process is currently working with the log file in 'C:\Users\the_s\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated', please deactivate this program.

Also, you have to open port 8080 for the dedicated server to work properly.

After these steps, please restart your device and try to launch the server again.

If you are still unable to, please share the entire log file with us.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I always run dedicated server as admin. When I launch it it always runs these two instances. I had reinstalled and moved it to a different drive. Attached is the log files. I port forwarded 8080 as well. Same errors.5f64ebe175a4309f090b8736aab1997a

photo

Hello, I am also having this issue but having problems. I am running it from a VM on a fresh install of windows that only contains the default windows applications and the necessary applications for the server plus firefox. The only program that would be using the newly generated log would be the server itself.

Others seemed to have resolved this with a C++ reinstall, but that has not resolved the issue for me. I have also attempted the below:

1. Completely starting fresh and installing the latest .Net, C++, Steamcmd, and SE dedicated server in that order

2. Turning API off

3. Closing space engineers server via task manager and retrying

4. I have verified that my port for my VM is static and that the following ports are open UDP/TCP; 8080, 27016-27030

5. I am attempting to launch the server post c++ reinstall and upon failure, I restart VM and attempt again

6. It always is ran with admin privileges

I'd paste the common log, but I am writing from my host and the text is on my guest. I have the same exact log as provided by Eckman, however. I will continue testing in various environments and will update here if I find a solution.

photo

I have found the SOLUTION: Install the base game for the Microsoft VC Redistributable auto installer included when first launching the game. Dear KEEN, please let us know what VC this directs the system to install so we may do so without needing to launch the title.

I installed steam and the space engineer game itself. I was wondering if I may have been missing some dependency that .net and c++ installed didnt do alone. I was correct. With no reboot needed, I was able to get passed the error mentioned above to a game ready state.

photo
photo

Hello, Eckman,

are you still experiencing this problem on your end?

Or the advices given here also helped you to solve this issue?

Please let me know how is the current situation.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello Eckman,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file