Solar Tracking

Chuck Noland shared this bug 3 months ago
Need More Information

I set up three solar towers with cameras with "always aim at sun". Now with two it worked fine but when I added a third tower, one of the other towers started tracking something else other than the sun. It would also go a bit wobbly, bagging around. I tried tearing them down and rebuilding them in different places but every time I built that third tower it would mess up the tracking on one of the earlier built towers. Once the tracking was out, I could do nothing to recover it, apart from a rebuild. I can't work this out.

The same thing happened when I left it at two towers but I set up a main grid drill, one of the towers played up.

All the rotors, hinges, cameras and turret controllers have individual names. The game is pure vanilla with no mods.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Chuck!

Thank you for writing to us and we apologize for the issue you have experienced.

We tried to replicate the issue at our side, but solar panels (on 3 towers) were tracking the sun correctly. Could you kindly send us the world save file where you have experienced this issue, along with a screen recording/video showing this issue and log file from the time issue occurred?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.
  • You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Is there a specific log file folder? I'm not sure what I am looking for. I think I have added the correct items.

photo

I have only been playing the game for a few weeks so I am a little bit concerned that it is something I have missed or done wrong, but I can't find anything.

Great game by the way, I wish I had come across it years ago. It's like Minecraft on steroids.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file