Entire static grid shifted, game running very slow.

Stephen Morrison shared this bug 3 months ago
Won't Fix

Hi,

I'm building a space elevator on Mars in single player, the build was built into terrain and I haven't had a problem in 20+ hours of building, I recently connected the elevator grid to my base grid using a merge block on the end of a piston (it wouldn't connect just using 2 merge blocks next to each other, after playing for another few hours without issue I logged out for the night.

I came back this morning and logged in to find my elevator grid had shifted many blocks away, it is still apparently connected to the base grid and I can access inventories etc for my attached halfway grid 13km above the surface, however the base is no longer actually attached to the elevator, my rotor wheel crawler is no longer inside the elevator tracks and all the rotor heads and wheels have disappeared, and my frame rate has gone to next to nothing!

I've tried removing the merge block and reloading but this hasn't helped and is the only thing I really changed in my last session, other than beginning to build a conveyor tube up the middle of the elevator.

Please help as this is my main world that I've put hundreds of hours into and it is now unplayable and all my previous save states are now having the same issue.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hello, Stephen,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem that you are experiencing.

Can you please provide me more information?

The save broken for you just like that from one session to another, without you doing/changing anything knowingly?

Is this the only world where you experienced such problem?

Can you please check you Back-up saves, if they are suffering with the same problem, please?

To do so, navigate yourself to the Main menu – Load game – highlight your saved game and on left side, choose the "Backups" button. Try to load any of the saves there and let me know if the problem is still the same there.

If that won't work, can you please share me the save file (with all the backups as well), so I can try and load the game on my side to investigate?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file