Unable to start dedicated server. No error provided.

Aaron Osler shared this bug 3 months ago
Solved

With a fresh install of Windows 10 or 11 (in proxmox), Fresh install of Steam, Fresh install of Space Engineers Dedicated Server downloaded from Steam. No mods installed. Using default settings on the server.

The server seems to go through the normal start up process, gets to the point of loading the remote console on 8080, then just says "The server has stopped". If I have automatic restart active, it restarts infinitely in this loop.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Aaron,

thank you for letting us know about this problem.

Can you please provide me more information?

Does this happen all the time you try to start/load any server, or only some times? Does it happen with all games that you tried (Red Ship, Earth base etc.) or just with one specific?

Are you running the server/DSGUI as an admin?

Are you starting the DSGUI app in local/console mode, or as an service?

Can you please share a log file with me?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated.

From there, please share me the latest "SpaceEngineersDedicated" txt log file, where you experienced this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello. Someone on the Keen Discord mentioned that the server requires VC++ 2013 and VC++2015-2022.

The server only warns for VC++ 2015-2019 in the startup checks so I only had VC++ 2015-2022 installed. After installing VC++ 2013, the problem was resolved. It would be good to have the server warn for VC++2013 requirement, or update whatever those requirements are so that we only need VC++ 2015-2022.

photo

Hello, Aaron,

thank you for coming back here with the update on your side.

Happy to hear that you are no longer experiencing this problem.

Since there is nothing more I can help you with, I will close this thread now.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again, should you observe/experience any other problem in the game.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file