rover brakes when turning

ZonKY shared this bug 3 months ago
Won't Fix

so i build a rover in se and it was working perfectly

but then all of a sudden when i wanted to continue driving from a place i stopped

it was unable to turn anymore.

so i can accelerate but when i turn it just slams the breaks instead of turning.

it turns the wheels but it also slams the brakes resulting in no real turn happening

also for some reason i noticed that when having all wheels grouped

if i change the height offset to its minimum some wheels just dont go all the way up even with the full weight of the rover on them.

and when checking that wheel suspension specifically it did say that it was the minimum offset.

this gets fixed when reloading the save but if i enter the config menu for the wheels it breaks again.

included world file and blueprint in the .zip

Files: se.zip

Replies (4)

photo

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3130685324

didnt realize you could upload saves to the workshop so this is a workshop link although its a save 1 hour after the bug was 1st observed and i haven't actually double checked if its still active although i would bet on true

just thought i should include it

photo

If it helps, it seems to be the result of the spherical hitbox on the wheel colliding with the suspension when using high steering angle or low suspension height, and it's especially common in the new suspension block

photo

my rover has high suspension height and low steering angle

i guess i did lower the suspension height so i could connect with a connector on the ground.

and thats indeed when the bug happened i suppose

i guess no changing suspension height anymore unless you want it to but out

photo
photo

Hello, ZonKY,

thank you for reaching our forum with your problem.

Can you please provide me more information?

While I did observe the issue a little bit (depending on the steering angle and low suspension – as mentioned by Konraad) on your save – I did not observe the same behavior on the same grid (blueprinted) or any other that I have built, when adjusted the values as mentioned above, and when trying in the non-modded world.

Can you please provide me a video and save/blueprint where this issue can be observe without usage of any mods (on the grid itself as well as in the game) so I can try that as well, please?

Please note that we do not provide support for mods, only to basic, vanilla (non-modded) game.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file