AI Recorder (Task) Has 'Issues' when using multiple blocks on different 'drones'

Mozo shared this bug 4 months ago
Won't Fix

I've spent hours and hours trying to figure out the complexities of the Grid AI and have come to one conclusion - It very broken !

With just one 'ship/drone' there are times when it ignores the order of the waypoints and heads straight to the last waypoint in the list:- this seems to be the first one you created as the accepted method is to make the waypoints in reverse order then 'reverse' them in the control panel. It's intermittent and exacerbated by having other ships/drones also using this block.

Sometimes when the ship/drone comes to the last waypoint (on which it should dock) the ship is bounced off and flys into the distance about 1km with no inputs at all just the AI Flight (Move) AI=On

To prevent this i have to use a "Lock Loop" on a timer with an event controller to stop the loop once connected !

I have 5 identical "Defense Drones" (only used 3 in my test) and all but the first one (numbered 1) will dock correctly however to get the first one to dock i must remove the command in the "Slow Down" timer which switches the AI Offensive block to AI=Off (it works fine on the other two !

Sometimes my cargo drones will fly a perfect lap and sometimes they just go catatonic for no apparent reason. More annoyingly, intervening to remove their non-functional state seems to break others which, at the time, were functioning correctly !

I'm attaching my vanilla save in the hope you can make some sense of it. Yes, i know i have made the drones complicated with "wait to dock" and "auto flee" but honestly if you give us the tools what do you expect we will do with them ? At least give us tools that work eh ?

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Mozo!

Thank you for writing to us and we sincerely apologize for the issue you have been experiencing.

We would appreciate it if you could provide us with more details about the issues you've been experiencing

Are there specific actions designated to toggle the 'Reverse Order' ON/OFF on the AI Recorders block? If so, this might be causing the waypoint list to reverse. If possible, could you share a screen recording or video showing the steps to reproduce this issue?

We also tested the save you provided us with and did not encounter any instances of drones bouncing off at the last waypoint. If possible, could you please share another video along with the steps to replicate this issue on the affected drone(s)?

Regarding the Defense Drone (numbered 1) issue, we would appreciate it if you could provide us with more information about this drone. Is it an identical copy of the other two drones or an entirely separate drone? Once again, if you can share a video and detailed steps for reproduction, that would be really helpful.

Having access to screen recordings and repro steps will significantly aid us in comprehending these issues and either offering workarounds or reporting the bugs internally.

If you need additional information on Grid AI functions, you can refer to the guide here.

You can either upload the screen recordings/videos here or save them on your Google Drive and share the drive link with us.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

So i've spent many hours in a vanilla game trying to force the errors to no avail.

Whilst i will continue to record my attempts i so far have no video proof of the problems.

photo

Hello, Mozo!

Thank you for sharing the update.

Sometimes, issues can resolve themselves upon restarting the game or device. However, if you encounter the issues again, please provide us with the videos and other information as requested in our previous response.

Kind Regards,

photo

Hello Mozo,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file