Game Freezing

Brian Chou shared this bug 4 months ago
Won't Fix

Recently (within last week), the game has been frequently freezing during gameplay. The game still plays animations (i.e., welder flashes would still show up) but I have no control input including pause menu and motion appears to be stopped. This problem exists in both single and multiplayer. I have already tried deleting config and shadercache2, setting task manager priority to high, replacing the VRage library DLL with the one from the SDK tool, renaming the videos folder, adjusting video settings, reinstalling VC++, disabling mods, verifying game integrity through steam, performing a bios update, and performing a clean install of the game. This problem only popped up when I recently started a new survival world (star system) but now appears to affect all saves. Previously I had about 900 hours on the game without ever encountering this issue. Most recent log files are attached.

Note: these files are from a multiplayer world hosted by another player. That player does not experience any freezing and sees no visible effects when my freezing occurs.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House

photo

Hello, Brian!

Thank you for writing to us, and we sincerely apologize for the issue you have been experiencing.

Could you kindly share further information concerning this issue?

Has this issue started to occur recently, maybe after any recent broken OS update?

Is there any VPN active on your device or any 3rd party software running in the background, when you experienced game freeze?

If so, disable the VPN and close any other background software. Check if the issue persists.

If game freeze still occurs, kindly check if your graphic driver is updated to its latest version and also check again if your OS is updated correctly.

Once done, please try following the steps;

Verify your game files on Steam again to check if all files are verified successfully

• Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete current SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Also, delete the ShaderCache folder

• Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg

After completing these steps, launch the game, and try to play vanilla (has no active MODs) world/server.

If the game freeze still occurs, if possible send us a screen recording/video showing the issue and latest log files.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Brian,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file