Automation Follow Beacon - Collision Avoidance not Working?

Stollie shared this bug 4 months ago
Won't Fix

Hi KSWH Team,

I've been playing with automations making a carrier and having a lot of fun with it!

I have noticed a bug though, when using the Task module with "Follow Home" with multiple 'Drone Grids' when you say jump away and they move to follow the collision avoidance doesn't seem to be working, the units often run into each other trying to follow the beacon.

Some sort of 'distance from other grids' slide might help here or some sort of 'formation' options to stop them running into each other would probably stop this or maybe just looking at why collision avoidance doesn't seem to be working when they are doing this action.

The only one I found to fix it so far is to build a beacon for every drone and set that as its beacon to follow, even so I've still seen them run into each other now and again as they move towards the beacons which makes me suspect that its not respecting the collision avoidance turned on in the Move AI Block.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Stollie!

Thank you for writing to us.

It seems the issue you have experienced is similar to the one reported on this thread. As you can notice the thread is in a "Reported" state, and the issue described in the thread was about Collison Avoidance in "Follow Me" mode, but it is quite possible that the same bug is also affecting the "Follow Home" function.

However, when we tried to reproduce the issue with drones in "Follow Home" mode, we didn't encounter drones colliding with each other.

So, could you kindly send us a screen recording/video showing the issue as it occurs at your end and the world save file where we can replicate this issue?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a Google Drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file