Dedicated server loading issue - file size limit

Lazy shared this bug 4 months ago
Won't Fix

Dedicated Server runs on: Ryzen9 5gen, 64GB RAM, SSD, 900Mbps symmetric connection.

Clients: various, mine is: R9 5900x, 32GB RAM ( separate from server machine ).

Problem: after Earthlike planet file size grows above 256MB there are problems with 'stuck on streaming'. Server doesn't want to sync that planet. It's the same problem for every single client. So defo that's a server problem.

I did some check and it works perfectly fine up to exactly 256MB per planet file, if it goes above dedicated server start, but there's problem with 'Stuck on streaming'.

Save still works perfectly fine if you load it directly to the client machine.

Only workaround now is to keep backup of file that file with size below 256 MBytes and if it grows above just swap file with smaller one ( <256MB ).

Any other workaround?

Is that hardcoded limit for server or can be changed somewhere ?

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Lazy,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem that you are experiencing.

However, I did not experience the same behavior when I have tried on my end. Can you please provide me more information?

When you are speaking about the file size, do you mean the whole folder with the save game (with all the different files and Backup folder there) or you meant only the sole file "Earthlike" file within this folder is above this size limit?

What do you mean by "...works perfectly fine if you load it directly to the client machine", please?

Does that mean that the very same save is working when you paste the folder into your game folder with all the other saves and want to use this save in single player/Lobby mode? It is just not working on DS?

What exactly is happening when you try and load this game in DSGUI? Does the server itself boots and load properly, with no error in the Console, you can join, but the Earth is not showing and you are stuck on "streaming" in its vicinity? The server starts, but you are not able to connect there? Or the server does not start properly at all?

Is this the only save where you are experiencing this?

Are there any mods active? Can you reproduce the same on the server without any?

Can you please share me both logs files – from the game (client) and from the server? You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers(Dedicated).

Please also share me both versions of the same save that you are having the troubles with. The one that is showing this problem (size above 256 MB) and the other one that you are using as a backup (the smaller one) as you have written. You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers(Dedicated)\Saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file