.cfg File Missing

Alan Dawson shared this bug 4 months ago
Won't Fix

I just bought the game on steam and when I run it it will only run as a background process and won't create a window. I looked at my logs and found that it said that I am missing my .cfg file. Any tips on how I could fix this? I've restarted my computer and have reinstalled the game, and checked my download integrity, nothing. I'll attach my most recent logs so you can see it. Thanks!

Replies (3)

photo

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House

photo

Hello, Alan!

Thank you for writing to us, and we sincerely apologize for the issue you have been experiencing.

To resolve the .cfg (config) file missing issue, we recommend performing a 'clean installation' of the game.

To do so, uninstall the game from Steam. When uninstallation has completed, go to 'AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers' and 'Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers' folders, and delete every leftover files in these folders.

Reinstall and launch the game via Steam.

Should the issue persist, kindly send us the latest log file from the time the issue occurred.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Alan,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file