Random Freeze

Jason L Besco shared this bug 4 months ago
Won't Fix

I have the same problem as everyone else , Random Freeze for sometimes minutes. I have tried new games and everything I can think of, Mods no mods and same results. Upgraded from 32 to 64 gigs of memory , and no difference.

Seems to be a AMD Problem, but not Shure

I'm running a monster home build AMD and can play most games at the highest settings with very little to no problems, But this game a WOW. Was fine for the longest time.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Jason!

Thank you for writing to us, and we sincerely apologize for the issue you have been experiencing.

Could you kindly share further information concerning this issue?

Did this issue start to occur recently, maybe after any recent broken OS update? Additionally, is there any Plugin enabled in the game, or is VPN active on your device or any 3rd party application running in the background, when you experience game freeze?

If so, remove the Plugin from the game, disable the VPN, and close any other background application. Check if the issue persists.

If the issue still occurs, please try the following workarounds that might resolve this issue;

Verify your game files on Steam

• Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Delete ShaderCache folder

• Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers (this has resolved similar issues of other players)
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Create and play a new vanilla (has no active MODs) world, or join a server that has no MODs (maybe Keen's Official Servers).

If the issue persists, kindly share a screen recording/video showing the issue (please ensure that the World Stats screen is enabled beforehand by pressing Shift+F11) and provide the log file from when the freeze occurred.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file