Unable to load saved games

Phil Denney shared this bug 4 months ago
Solved

Hi,

I've recently started having a Space Engineers problem that I can't figure out - I'm no longer able to load previously saved games. What happens is I load all the way up to 100%, and then get an error message telling me that my graphics driver card has crashed, and then my game crashes.

I've verified that my own drivers are current, and I've spent quite a bit of time attempting to troubleshoot using all available online resources (including the shadercache folder and deleting the spaceengineers.cfg file, among other things), and have gone as far as to uninstall and re-install Space Engineers, and nothing has worked. I'm also a user of mods, and have tried loading saved games with no mods at all, and same result....

When I create a new game (custom scenario - star system), it loads perfectly. And then when I save and exit and re-load, it still works perfectly. So to the best of my knowledge, this is only affecting previously saved games.

Replies (2)

photo

This issue has now been resolved. Downloaded Nvidia GeForce Experience and obtained updated driver.

photo

Hello, Phil!

Thanks for the update.

We are glad to hear that you have resolved the issue on your own.

As there is no further assistance needed from our side, we are closing this thread.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you happen to experience or observe any other issues.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo
photo

I got this error with very old saves.

Try loading using your save backups: main menu > load game > backups (to the left of the save list)

At least it helped me.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file