Load screen is greyed out

richard balllestas shared this bug 4 months ago
Won't Fix

Hi,

I've played and saved multiple games, but I cannot access them from the load screen. When I access the load screen everything is greyed out. I've reinstated Space Engineers, tried using a new profile, verified the files, but no matter what I can't access my saved games. I can only continue my last game. I tried saving the game while playing and giving the save a new name, but it never shows up under the load screen. I can see the new save from Windows Explorer, but I cannot access the saves from within the game. Please help

Replies (3)

photo

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House

photo

Hello, Richard!

Thank you for writing to us, and we sincerely apologize for the issue you have been experiencing.

Has this issue started to occur recently, maybe after a recent OS update or after migrating the Space Engineers' game files to a different folder or drive?

The world save files usually get stored in "AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves". There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves. When searching for your saved file from Windows Explorer, check the saved file location. Is it located in the above-mentioned folder or some other folder or drive?

If the saved files are in the above-mentioned folder, please try the following workarounds that could resolve this issue;

Verify your game files on Steam again to check if all the files get verified successfully or not

• Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Delete ShaderCache folder

• Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg

If the files are not in the mentioned folder, we recommend trying "clean installation" of the game. Before proceeding, kindly back up all your blueprint files by copying the 'AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints' folders to a different drive or folder, and then uninstall the game from Steam and ensure the deletion of any leftover files from

• 'AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers'
  • and, 'Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers' folders.

Then, reinstall the game via Steam.

To check if the issue still occurs, create a new/fresh world, save and exit, and then go to the Load Game screen to check if the newly saved world is enlisted there or not. If it does, copy the other saved worlds from the other folder to the "AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves\*YourSteamIdFolder*\" and blueprints back to the 'AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints' folder.

In case the issue persists, kindly create and share a screen recording/video showing the issue (create new world>save>exit>Load Game screen). Please also send us the log file from the time when you encountered this issue.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file