Hand Mined ore getting deleted almost instantly

Kody Nelson shared this bug 4 months ago
Won't Fix

In my current world I've had issues with hand mined ore being deleted. When I first started the world only a few pieces would disappear here and there, and it only happened when I walked away to deposit the ore. From there it has slowly increased to the point where within seconds of me mining, almost half of it disappears right in front of my eyes. This is also while using the elite hand drill which has been spawning around a dozen ore pieces every time it mines. I've tried slowing down and picking up the ore pieces as they are made, but even that is too slow now because I still miss roughly half of the ore pieces to the deletion effect.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3112532165

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Kody,

thank you for letting us know about this problem. We are sorry that you are experiencing it.

However, sadly, the world that you have provided is likely not set correctly (probably Hidden or Friends-only). Can you please change the visibility in the Workshop world settings to either Public or Unlisted, so I can view it, please?

Eventually, you can share me the save file directly here.

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves. Please zip the file and attach it here.

Nevertheless, I have tried it also in my worlds (loading already existing ones and starting new as well), but I have not experienced this problem. Can you please provide me more information?

Are you experiencing this problem only in one single world? Or in multiple?

Is this world in single player, or in any of the multiplayer modes (Lobby, Dedicated server...)? If multiplayer, are you the host (admin), or client (joining player)? Is this affecting only your character, or whole server?

Are there any mods active on the affected world? If yes, is this issue still the same once you deactivate these mods?

Are you able to reproduce this issue on new unmodded world as well?

Have you, in this affected world, by any chance, play around with the settings of the Trash removal – Voxels?

Please provide me the working save file link as asked above and also please provide me a video of this issue happening on your side, so I can see what I am looking for exactly. Please also add steps to reproduce, if any are needed to trigger this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Kody,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file