Game freezes for a few seconds.

Doctor Meem shared this bug 4 months ago
Won't Fix

I have upgraded my PC a few weeks ago, and got the strange bug. Everytime i walk around a freeze spike occurs, like if it lags when loading chunks or something like that. I was not having this kind of problem on old hardware (It was I5-3470, 8gb DDR3, RTX 3050).

My current set up is:

Ryzen 9 5900x

RTX 3050

16 gb DDR 4 (3200MHz XMP profile)

A520 Aorus Elite

The game itself runs on a 1 terrabyte HDD.

The experimental mode is turned on, i play with a mods such as:

Build Vision 3.0, Consolidation Armament II, Dangerous Decompression, Camera Panning, Defence Shields, Imper Corporation, KOLT Command Consoles, MA plasma reactors, Modular encounter system, Parallax Concepts, Retractable Battleship Pack, skybox rotation with sun, speed limit, weaponcore 2.4, Exploration Enhancement Mod, VXM-08 Missile system, LWTS and animation engine.

The game stabely runs at 120 FPS.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for writing to us and we apologize for the issue you have been experiencing.

As you have mentioned, you experience the issue when playing in the modded (with active MODs) world, it is quite possible the issue may have been occurring due to any MOD(s) being obsolete/not compatible with the game's current version.

To check this, kindly create a new/fresh vanilla (with no active MODs) world and see if the issue persists there.

If the issue still occurs, kindly try the below workarounds one by one, that could resolve this issue;

Verify your game files on Steam

• Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Delete ShaderCache folder

• Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

If the issue persists in the vanilla world, kindly send us a screen recording/video showing the issue (before recording the video, please enable world stats on screen by clicking Shift+F11), and also send us the log file from the time this issue occurred.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file