AZERTY layout bug

Axiolot shared this bug 5 months ago
Won't Fix

changing all my controls to be for the AZERTY layout works, except that pressing left (in this case Q) causes the character to go forward, I have checked and its not bound anywhere that isn't strafe left.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Axiolot,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem that you are experiencing.

I have tried to bind "Q" key in the game settings on "Strafe left" option, and all was working as expected.

Can you please try to delete your SpaceEngineers.cfg file?

This means your game configuration will be deleted. You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

If this won't work on your end, you may also want to try our other general steps for troubleshooting. These are:

• Verify your game files in Steam – right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above when looking for the cfg file.
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

If you are still experiencing this problem after performing these steps, can you please provide me more information?

How exactly did you change the keys, please? Only in the game: Options -> Controls -> Movement, or you did change the layout also e.g. in Windows or something like that?

Do you play the game in English, or in any other language?

Can you please show me on a video how exactly is your character going forward? Does it happen only when on ground and walking/running with your character, or also happening while in jetpack?

Is this behavior affecting all your saved games, or when playing new game, or only some?

Are you using any mods in the game?

Can you please show me your bindings in the game; preferably on the video (just open the Movement settings), or you can add a screenshots here.

Also it might be good if I could investigate your cfg file. So please, send me that as well, so I can investigate it and also will try to run the game with your settings to see if I can reproduce this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Axiolot,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file