Shuttle in "Sparks of the Future" not flying correctly (Sideways)

r00t shared this bug 4 months ago
Reported

After a long time I started a new Sparks of the Future scenario again to get some ideas and such.

I noticed that the blueish shuttle that flies between the stations isn't flying correct. It flies sideways and can't enter the hangars anymore and gets stuck at some point.

(On a sidenote: The A & B Trams aren't stopping at the correct point (see attached small video))

To make sure my gamefiles are good and nothing on my end should be the issue I deinstalled SE, deleted all SE files in the AppData folder and such and made a fresh install.

Started the fresh game for the first time, entered the scenario and the behaviour of the shuttle and the trams is the same.

Video's and savefile attached :)

Replies (6)

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for writing to us.

Regarding the trams not stopping at the correct point, we are aware of this issue, and it has already been reported internally.

Concerning the shuttle issue, upon checking on our end on the new scenario, the shuttle flew and landed correctly at the stations (please see the attached video).

Could you kindly try the steps below, which might help resolve this issue?

Verify your game files on Steam

• Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Delete ShaderCache folder

• Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg

Once completed, launch the game via Steam and start the 'Sparks of the Future' scenario. If the issue persists, please send us the new video showing the issue, along with the new save and log files from the time this issue occurred.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Followed all steps (as said before I had a fresh, clean install with the last save/video and that didn't help either).

Issue still persists, see attached files :(

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for providing further information.

While we observed the issue occurring in the provided save, during testing on our end with a new/fresh 'Spark of the Future' scenario, the issue did not manifest. It's possible that the issue is specific to your setup, potentially due to a residual or corrupted installation file persisting even after reinstallation.

To confirm this, we recommend performing a 'clean installation' of the game. Before proceeding, kindly back up all your saves and blueprint files by copying the 'AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves' and 'AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints' folders to a different drive or folder.

Once completed, uninstall the game and ensure the deletion of any leftover files from the 'AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers' and 'Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers' folders.

Then, reinstall the game and launch it via Steam. Start the 'Spark of the Future' scenario to verify if the issue persists.

If the issue doesn't recur, you can paste the 'Blueprint' and 'Save' folders back into 'AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers'.

However, if the issue persists, please provide us with a new video showing the issue, the latest scenario save, and the log files from when the issue occurred.

Kind Regards,

photo

Same behavior as before.

Uninstalled the game, deleted every SE folder & files and installed the game again - Logs, Video and save attached.

photo

It didn't attach the save in my last post so I uploaded it again

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for sharing further information.

Issue was successfully reproduced on our side and put into our internal system.

Kind Regards

Leave a Comment

Attach a file