Unable to paint but can change texture

Andreas G shared this bug 5 months ago
Solved

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Andreas,

thank you for letting us know about this and we are sorry that you are experiencing this problem.

However, I have just tried and re-coloring works just fine on my end. Can you please provide me more information?

Where is this issue happening for you in the game? Do you experience this issue when playing solo in single player, in Lobby multiplayer or on dedicated server/official server?

Are there any steps that you take when this issue happens on your end, or you are not able to use re-coloring at all right from the beginning? Does the Color picker menu looks like this (image in attachment) for you as well? All the colors and values are present there? Just not working once selected?

Are you using any mods in the world where this issue occurs? Is it still the same if you try in vanilla (unmodded) world? Can you please try?

Do you use Steam in online or offline mode?

Are you sure that the grid that you are trying to painting is yours (authorship, ownership...)? Is there any message displayed when you try and the operation fails?

Can you please try to build completely new grid (just some blocks for testing, nothing too complex) and try to re-paint the grid that you just built yourself?

Can you please supply me a video showing this issue on you end and also please share me a log from a game session where you are experiencing this problem.

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

If you are experiencing this issue on some specific grid(s), can you please also share the blueprint(s) of the affected grid(s)?

You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Ive done some extensive research yesterday night before falling asleep, forgot to close the ticket. It was a user error, a fail to spot a button i had never seen or realised the function off :) my bad!

photo

Hello, Andreas,

thank you for your reply and for letting me know about the update on your side!

Happy to hear that you are no longer experiencing this problem.

Since there is no further assistance needed from our side, I will close this thread now.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again should you experience/observe any other issue in the game.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file