[1.203.505 b1 AI Recorder block bug] recorder skips waypoints without going anywhere, video inside

ALPHA shared this bug 5 months ago
Need More Information

No mods.

Bug is inconsistent, I tried 21 attepmts to reproduce and record but succeeded only 3 times.

I think it's the same bug as described here.

My successfull atempts to reproduce:

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3, several drones stucked at one

I attached a save file.

How to reproduce:

1. Load save file.

2. Turn around and press "returnall" button on a panel next to you.

3. 8 drones orbiting an enemy will recieve a command to return to bay. 1 should go directly to bay using its Recorder1, other 7 should use Recorder2 to get in line.

4. If bug occures - some drones will stuck in space without moving.

5. Examine stucked drone - disable its Programmable Block, then set its Recorder (1 or 2) to "Repeat" and "AI - Enable", so you could see the Recoder is not working anymore.

You can try to wait a different amount of time. I only got this bug once right after loading the save, and other 2 times after 1 to 5 minutes of waiting.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for writing to us and we sincerely apologize for the issue you have experienced.

We've noticed numerous scripts in use on both drones and the base on the provided world save, which might be causing the issue. Could you kindly confirm if the issue persists when scripts are not in use on the programmable blocks? If so, please provide us with a vanilla world save (without active MODs/Scripts) and a screen recording or video showing the issue.

If the issue occurs only when using scripts, it's possible there are errors in the script's code. You can attempt to resolve this independently or join our official Discord programming block scripting server : https://discord.gg/6NWs8YFb

There, you can discuss the issue with other players and likely find a solution as well.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

As you can see on the video - Recorder brokes after being enabled trough the Script. And even after programmable block is turned off (and everything else can also be turned off aswell) recorder keeps glitching - that's the obvious bug.

I can try to simplify the script as far as I can, but I am concerned that this happen only when interacting with recorder by the script.

photo

Loaded the same save today, prepared the recording and got the bug at 1st try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QtHBTIz9xU

I deleted all not-relevant blocks and recorder remained stucked.

The last thing that worked - I switched ai-behavior for AI Basic On and Off. After this AI Recorder started working.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file