RAM Probleme

Mario Bartling shared this bug 5 months ago
Won't Fix

I didn't think it was particularly nice that my last post was immediately dismissed as not a bug. I would like a little more thoroughness and time here until the users could write an answer to this. The way bug reports are handled here, I'm not surprised that they still exist. It's about: https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/41855-ram-problems I had left an important addition there that went unanswered and probably even ignored. That's why I'm writing my observation again here. In my opinion this is not a mod problem, but rather a memory management problem in the game. Therefore, in this specific case, please leave the moder out of it. After all, it all worked out. I watched the game in Task Manager for a while to determine its memory usage. There I found that the program never uses more than 9GB of RAM. In my opinion, the performance problems stem from the fact that more RAM would have to be used, which is not provided by the game. I can remember when the game still worked with the mod, around 16 - 18 GbRam was visibly used in the task manager, whereas now it only has a maximum RAM usage of 9GB. If they say that there is no limit in the game, but the game still doesn't free up more RAM, then it had to be a bug right? Because I'm sure of one thing. The severe stuttering in the game is not caused by the CPU, but is caused by the constant reloading. best regards

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Mario Bartling,

Thank you for contacting us. As stated in the previous thread, there is no limitation on game side.

However please provide us with a video from a vanilla world where you experienced the stuttering so we can review it internally. Please also include a vanilla log from the game session.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file