Connectors not Working

Richard Boyd shared this bug 5 months ago
Solved

I have a rover with a connector (color state white, share with all) and a base with a connector (color state white, share with all) and I can not get them to activate to either color state yellow or green.

This seems to be an ongoing bug in the game that does not seem to be getting fixed. I don't know if this has to do with small grid rover connecting to large grid base because I see on the forum that a large grid to large grid connectors listed as working.

In Lost Colony scenario the connectors that are built into the scenario work but those that I add to my own platform do not.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Richard,

thank you for letting us know about this problem and we are sorry that it is happening to you.

However, when I did try it on my end, I was not able to reproduce this issue. All combinations of supporting connectors work as expected.

Please keep in mind that the Small connector block can not (and is not designed) to work with the large grid connector blocks. You would need another Small connector block to connect these.

You can still use the large and small variants of Connector blocks.

Can you please make sure you are connecting the connectors that are suppose to work together?

If you are still experiencing this issue and are certain that you are using correct blocks, can you please provide me the affected save file and a video showing this issue happening on your side?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Did you get a chance to load the game file?

photo
photo

Here is the attached zip file with the vehicle and platform in a state where the connector should show the state yellow but still shows the state white.

Thanks, Richard

photo

Any progress on this issue? Does the save file work correctly on your systems? Did I make a mistake in my configuration of the connectors? Is this actually an issue that can be fixed?

Thanks, Richard

photo
photo

Hello, Richard,

thank you for providing the save.

I have investigate it and found out that there is indeed a building error: the connectors were not touching, as they were not on the same height level.

Please keep in mind the height differences when using large and small blocks/grids that should be touching and/or interacting with each other e.g. as in this example.

You can see my images how I did manage to bring the connector on the car lower so it can interact with the one on the base.

I used the option Height Offset on the suspension blocks (with wheels) so the connectors are touching properly ("suspension height settings" screenshot; you need to set this the same value for all the suspension blocks). After that I was able to connect these grids properly and as expected ("car connected" screenshot).

However, I am sure there are other options how to solve this problem. Please feel free to explore and invent.

Can you try this (or any other solution in similar manner) on your side and let me know if it works for you the same?

Thank you in advance.

Moreover, I would suggest you to read and watch our "how to", as you can find e.g. here:

Game guide: https://www.spaceengineersgame.com/game-guide/

Our YouTube channel with handy little and short tutorial videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by9OaLyBbHo&list=PL1Lkz--s-Oxux1yoi4a2OBxbeGuKeEGvf&ab_channel=SpaceEngineers

You can also join our Discord community for general help or questions:

Join our official Discord server https://discord.gg/keenswh

There you can find channels like "general-se", "help-se" and many others, where our community members might be also able to help you resolve some issues, recognize possible errors, give you tips etc.

Kind Regards

photo

Thank you for the support; I didn't realize the height of the connector would make a difference so long as they made contact.

You may close this issue/

photo

Hello, Richard,

those are wonderful news!

I am happy to help.

Since there is nothing more I can help you with regarding this ticket, I will close it now.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again should you experience/observe any other issue in the game.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file