Railgun shells ignoring random blocks in their path (phasing shells)

Silent1 shared this bug 5 months ago
Reported

when u fire to heavily protected ships the railgun rounds randomly ignore blocks in their path and hit blocks behind them.

how to replicate

i attached a test target blue print use a ship with at least 8 railguns stacked closely together

fire at the flat surface on top of the test target from 300 - 500 meter after 4- 5 tries u see the phasing of the shells ignoring blocks in their path

here what it looks like

more test image:

1f69b0c0914df3233c4247fbc31c2c46

1b973f5a048c20bade35b0238a368c515daaad404fe60a9b1c67ebb857a9e70c

image 3: same gyro from another angle

f2c762336c38a4b412d9ee10735fa45d

image -2 damaged gyro where there is no hole above it

bcaca59b38a1c954c774e2936472c839

image -1 entry point of 8 railguns (look how there arent 8 railguns hole)

c239da20693f8f9aa5159da4fe52cf38

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Silent1,

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce it and I was getting a different result from what you are describing. I am attaching a screenshot from my testing where the projectiles damage blocks in clean line and are not ignoring other blocks.

Can you please share your save file with me with your setup so I can test this behavior there?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi it happens in pure vanilla too but 3 important thing i discovered it never happens to station target so it needs to be; a ship state. Second it most likely to happen in close range than long range and . And third it won't happen all time u need to do test like at least 4 times to get the phasing as i said its random. I will make a save file as you requested later when i get home.

photo

hi the test world you requested

photo
photo

Hello Silent1,

Thank you for the new save file and additional information. I was able to reproduce the issue and I reported it into our internal system.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file