Pause when empty not working

joe mcewen shared this bug 5 months ago
Solved

I have migrated a self hosted session to a dedicated server and tried to enable the "Pause when Empty" option but the game is running constantly regardless

Replies (7)

photo

Hello joe mcewen,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. When you say that the game is running constantly do you mean that the server is running (for example refineries producing) even when no players are online? Can you please the affected save file with me?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated\Saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi QA,

I mean that the server world is still running, servers, refineries, etc. is still running/progressing when the server is empty.

I've attached the world zip

photo

Hello joe mcewen,

Can you please reattach the world save? It seems it did not get uploaded.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

photo

Hi,

I've linked it in Google drive as it does not want to seem to upload https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TgevMeXBZc3vBc3WmQZSFecrCycNToS2/view?usp=sharing

photo

Hello joe mcewen,

Thank you for the world save. When I tested it, the world got paused when I left the game. However the Pause empty game was unchecked when I first launched it. Are you launching it though Space Engineers dedicated server in Steam?

Can you please deactivate all of the mods you are using, check the Pause empty game option and relaunch the save file?

You can also verify your game files in Steam before doing so.

-Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Please let me know if it helped.

Kind regards,

photo

downloading my latest save folder then running it through the dedicated launcher worked

photo

Hello joe mcewen,

I am happy to hear you managed to fix your problem. Since there is no assistance from me needed anymore I will close this thread.

Happy engineering!

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file