Safe zone settings affect contained grids even when outside zone

Axlotl Questions shared this bug 5 months ago
Need More Information

Constantly experienced on NA #3

Once a grid has become bugged like this, it inherits safe zone permissions (grind, weld, build, drill, etc.) when outside of the zone. If grinding, welding, building, etc. are disabled for the safe zone, the player will not be able to affect the grid with these actions and grid tools will not work accordingly. Weapon fire still damages grid blocks.

This has been a consistent issue for months now.

The issue seems to occur upon a server restart when grids are inside a safe zone or attached to a station with an active safe zone that has certain permissions disabled.

Video Evidence

I am not publicly posting GPS coordinates to the grid as that would reveal my location to everyone using this forum, inevitably making myself a target. You can use admin tools to find my ship. The name is ".Miner NA#3".

Please don't mark this second post as "Won't Fix" when I've provided more than enough for technical reproduction.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello Axlotl Questions,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. I have found your ship and tried to grind and weld individual blocks. I have also enabled and disabled the safe zone and also took the ship outside the safe zone and tried to grind it and weld it. Everything worked as expected and I did not encounter any issues. I have also tried to do the same on my own server.

Is this still happening to you? Have you experienced this on other servers as well?

If you are still unable to grind and weld can you please also contact our official server admins on discord.gg/keenswh as they can assist you quicker with server related problems?

Thank you for letting me know.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

The reason you were able to do all of those things is because I have everything set to Enabled on the safe zone because I don't want to run into the bug again. I will switch them back to Disabled for further testing. Although, I can't run the safe zone for much longer due to current fuel levels. Might I suggest you duplicate my grids far away from players on the same server to test?

I posted a link to this very bug report in the "Help for official servers" channel, but nobody responded and my previous bug report on this site was marked "Need More Information", then marked "Won't Fix". Hopefully that doesn't happen again with this one.

photo
photo

Hello Axlotl Questions,

The safe zone has been tested with enabled and disabled settings. The issue you are facing did not appear however.

Can you please try to verify your game files in Steam:

-Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

After doing so, can you please try to reproduce the issue again and provide me with log file from the gameplay session?

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Regarding your post on Discord. I have found your message, please always use tag: @Official Game Server Admin, when asking for help on servers.

Kind regards,

photo

I have already stated that this is:

Constantly experienced on NA #3

I cannot get the logs because it is your server.

This is not an issue on my end as I have already done everything I can, including verifying the game files. I know a network issue when I see one. This is purely an issue on your end.

This is the second time I've submitted this issue and the second time you folks have tried to act like it's something you can't fix.

I've provided evidence and reproduction steps. If you choose not to test the bug in the exact environment it occurred, that's your problem.

This is beyond frustrating at this point and this is why most people don't use the support forums.

photo
photo

Hello Axlotl Questions,

Please provide me with the requested client log from your side from the time you experienced the bugged grid. There are two types of logs - from server (which you do not have access to) and from your client/game.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

The next time I encounter the bug, I will. That may take awhile as it triggers on a server reset which is about six hours from now.

However, you folks really should be testing this as well to maximize the chance of reproduction. The responsibility of bug reporting/fixing is not entirely on the player.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file