Air Vent Bug (still...)

Kay S shared this bug 5 months ago
Reported

Hey KSH,

so I have looked for a solution everywhere, but I can't find one.

Here's the setup:

1. I have an airtight hangar on a large grid ship with hangar doors (I tried all of them, not only vanilla)

2. Inside the room with the hangar doors is a large grid connector and a vent

3. a small grid ship is docked on the connector

Here's how to reproduce the bug:

1. undock the small grid ship

2. depressurize the large room with the vent

3. open the hangar doors

4. re-dock the small grid ship

5. close the hangar doors

6. repressurize the room, but it doesn't work

STEP 6 does not work, it says the room is depressurized

BUT after I constructed on hangar door somewhere on the large grip ship, pressurization suddenly works again, even if i put the hangar door somewhere random or outside.

The Bug happens when I connect a small grid ship to a large connector BEFORE I close hangar doors of an airtight room. The only fix is to construct a hangar door block on the large grid or reload the game, which is really frustrating.

It also has been explained on reddit, that the bug might just be a negative float value in your code.

So please fix it. I hope, this threat isn't going to be archived without a fix like the other pressure bug threads.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello Kay S,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce it with the given steps and the air vent worked as expected. Can you please share your world save with me?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

This is the save. When you get into the airlock to get into the ship on the starboard side, you can use the buttons. When going in and outside a couple of times and get into the drilling ship, undock and dock several time, the airlock vent doesn't work any more. Either stays at 99.99% when depressurizing or can't pressurize at all even though the doors are closed. Everything is airtight where it has to be.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JAO1y9Wgc0om5Boc1QhP4_4QML1-spVt/view?usp=sharing

photo
photo

Hello Kay S,

Thank you for the save file. However you are running a script to depressurize the room. Can you please share a save file with me which is doing the same thing but without scripts? I cannot test a world save which utilizes scripts, mods and plugins.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello,

how would I do that if an event block doesn't provide a trigger fo atmospheric pressure? The script is using your API so there has to be the issue. To work without a script I'd have to set up multiple Timerblocks and Eventblocks, to get a somewhat working concept, that's not as affective as the script.

photo

Hello Kay S,

Thank you for the additional information. I reported it into our internal system.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file