[BUG] 01_203_505 Uranium give more stone

Daniel Dupuis shared this bug 5 months ago
Won't Fix

Hi Keen Team!

When playing in the Star System world I have noticed the Uranium found on asteroid give more stone than Uranium now, and I can tell that Uranium spot was giving more uranium before because I always go to that one when I start a new survival play.

Also noticed by another player on Steam SE General Discussions :

Uranium re-balanced?

Uranium re-balanced? :: Space Engineers General Discussions (steamcommunity.com)

STR

1 - Create a new custom world, use Star System in experimental mode, disable economy and all NPCs.

2 - Load it and go to this GPS coords with large block ore detector :

GPS:Uranium - Ice:9541.72:175177.81:-110979.69:

3 - Drill your way to the hidden Uranium,

4 - Stop and empty your Drill ship inventry once you see the Uranium and start drilling the Uranium ore only.

5 - Notice that you will collect a lot of stone.

Screenshots to compare :

1 - New created world

More stone collected

1f486d0f16ed2938d8aca4a5daf48754

46dbc7ab4653fa09c2895efb1b7ecd30

2 - Old save same GPS coords was giving 55K Uranium just going through :

4506eed069cad50428cd509d707ec03a

Replies (4)

photo

Hello Daniel Dupuis,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce it and when I mined the same spot on two different versions, the amount of uranium was the exact same. Additionally, I was only able to collect uranium when drilling the ore and not stone.

Can you please provide me with a save file on a version of game where you noticed more uranium ore? When switching to the newest version, did you notice that the ore got smaller in size?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I forgot to specifiy, in my previous post (below) having the Workshop item link, it's the older save with a complete Shpere of Uranium,

Make sure you empty the Drills once you will reach the hidden Uranium Sphere, so they will not have any stones in before drilling and notice olny Uranium is collected.

->All Drills have their side access ports accessible from the exterior :

8a4f34da5e79c156f49ae33f550cd69c

-> Also, the provided mining ship is set to Drain Uranium in its large Cargo with a second Sorter so the Front Drills should not have Uranium for a quick test because Drained into the Large Cargo Container by default.

+

I will share the new created world next time I see less Uranum at that GPS coords so you can compare.

+

Correction about tool bar keys in the scrennshot below :

Toolbar Key #4 is Sorter set to Drain Stone and key #5 is the ejector set to eject stone,

photo
photo

Looks like I can't reproduce, I tried a new world and there was a complete sphere of Uranium but I told the other member reporting on Steam to send you his saves for testing that I hope he will do.

That said, here is one older save where it seemed to have more Uranium, it is ready to test with my space Drill.

Workshop item link :

Steam Workshop::Star System 2022 sound test3 (steamcommunity.com)

Note

Toolbar Key #3 is Sorter set to Drain Stone and key #4 is the ejector set to eject stone, those are turned OFF to avoid ejecting stone for this test :

38a84593587e2638483d0395b65926c2

photo

Hello Daniel Dupuis,

I am very sorry but I still cannot reproduce your issue. Are you having problems with stone being collected when mining the uranium only? Can you locate the same sphere of uranium on v202 or older and compare it to v203? I tried to launch your world save on v202 but I was not able to, did you create it on this version?

You are saying that you were not able to reproduce it and we have not received any other world save. Can you please provide me with a world save on older version of the game and newer version of the game where you can compare the amount of uranium collected? I have not noticed any difference in the amount mined when I was testing this.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file