Connector Gets Added To Groups

AlfaFoxWolf shared this bug 6 months ago
Won't Fix

Tested with completely different Grids to ensure it was not isolated to any specific grid.

No Mods.

No Scripts.

All Grids, Blocks, and Groups are named differently, so nothing shares the same name.

When docking two grid together with a connector, the connector from Ship 2 will be added to a Control Panel Group from Ship 1. This doesn't happen with every ship, but when it does between two ships, it will happen every time they are docked regardless of how (i.e. using Parking, going into Control Panel and manually Locking the connectors, adding it to the hotkeys - results are the same regardless of which ship you are in).

The group the Connector is added to is usually also Hotkeyed and will change icons denoting that it no longer contains one specific type of block but multiple different ones.

When selecting the Group, it shows the Connector from another ship has been added to it. Connector can be deselected and the Group resaved to temporarily fix it, but the connector will be added back next time the ships are docked.

Interestingly enough, when the Ship 1 Group that has the Ship 2 connector added to it is toggled, the Ship 2 Connector turns off and unlocks. Even with the ships completely separated, toggling the Ship 1 Group that automatically added the Ship 2 Connector will still toggle the Ship 2 connector despite the grids not being attached and no remote access available between them.

Seems to happen mostly with Thruster & Battery Groups.

Was not an issue prior to 10th anniversary update, but started happening consistently to already existing and new grids post update.

(side note - it seems as if something was done to the Connectors in the udpate as they now turn blue and have a cooldown after disconnecting, which they didn't before the update)

(side note 2 - after unlocking a connector, the ship will rubberband back to the connector and you have to dock then undock to be able to break free of the other ship/base. was present before & after update)

Replies (2)

photo

Hello AlfaFoxWolf,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. You are mentioning that this does not happen with every ship and unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce it. Can you please share your affected world save with me?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file