Game does not start at all

PhazeJump shared this bug 5 months ago
Won't Fix

I'm having an issue where the game does not start. I open it through steam, it says that the game is running, but nothing happens at all. No black screen, no sound, no window. Nothing at all. Only a process that is running in the background, constantly taking 14,5MB of RAM. I can't close it through task manager either. I've tried checking the integrity of the game files, renaming the videos folder, updating my drivers, using -skipintro, launching the game from the .exe file, turning the steam overlay off, even reinstalling the game, deleting the .cfg file and even deleting the whole SE folder in roaming. At this point I have no idea what to do.

Here is the log file if it helps at all. I might need to download a new .cfg file if the game's having trouble with it, if it doesn't create a new one on game-start?

Replies (4)

photo

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hello PhazeJump,

I am sorry you are experiencing issues with launching the game. Can you please try the following:

Firstly uninstall Space Engineers through Steam, then type %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that make sure that Space Engineers and SpaceEngineersDedicated folders are completely gone and no files were left behind. Then install Space Engineers again.

If possible download a new config file from for example your friend or another player who is not experiencing any issues. Then go into the newly created \Roaming\SpaceEngineers folder and find SpaceEngineers.cfg file. Delete it and replace it with the borrowed one. Try to launch Space Engineers again.

Please let me know if it helped and if not, please share your newly generated log file with me.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I have exactly the same problem, I waited 15 minutes in total and only then the game loaded. The game itself is set to high enough settings and runs from an ssd, so I think it's not about the PC

Leave a Comment

Attach a file