Saved game not listed in Load menu

Bryan Julias shared this bug 6 months ago
Solved

I have a save game folder that does not appear in the load game menu. I tried verifying files through Steam, and it did not change anything. This saved game folder includes backup folder with 4 backups. Is there a known way to correct this?

Replies (7)

photo

Hello Bryan Julias,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. Could you please share your affected save file with me?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Here is the zip file that contains the saved game named Daedalus Build. It is the folder that appears in the steam ID folder in the saves folder. It has storage folder and backup folder with 5 backup folders in it. Thank you your help with this issue.

photo

Hello Bryan Julias,

Thank you for the save file. I downloaded it and pasted it into my saves folder. I could load the save file without a problem and I could not find any signs of corruption.

I suggest you reinstall your game through Steam and make sure no files of Space Engineers are left in the Roaming folder. Before doing so, backup your saves and blueprint folders somewhere else on your computer (you can also backup the entire Roaming folder if you do not want your configuration to be deleted). After the reinstall, paste the saves and blueprints back into the saves folder.

I also noticed you are using some mods. I deactivated those for my testing as they could be causing the issue, you can do the same.

Please let me know if it helped. Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it still does not show up. I will try reverifying the game files with this new install to see it that will work this time.

photo
photo

Verifying didn't work. I will just give up on this one save. It was a game for building a facility and I have a slightly earlier blueprint of it. Thank you for your time.

photo

Hello Bryan Julias,

I am attaching your world save which I was able to find and load here (all mods deactivated). Can you please extract it to \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves into a folder with your SteamID and your saves? It will be named Earth Planet 2023-06-18 22:48 in your Load game menu.

If you are still unable to load it, would you like me to make vanilla blueprints of your builds so you can paste them into a new world?

Thank you for letting me know.

Kind regards,

photo

I found out the issue. While the folder name was Daedalus Build in the load game screen it was Earth Planet 2023-06-18 22:48. Thank you very much for telling me that. Was able to load it without issue and I made a new blueprint of my build there. Again thank you very much for your help with this.

photo
photo

I will try when I can and let you know. Thank you very much.

photo

Hello Bryan Julias,

I am very happy to hear that you managed to find and launch your save file. Since there is no assistance from me needed I will close this thread.

Happy engineering!

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file