Game says steam is in offline mode and is messing with my wifi connection

Carl shared this bug 6 months ago
Won't Fix

As the title says, whenever I open the game, I cannot play online either because the server list wont show any servers or sometimes when I click on the server list the game will tell me steam is in offline mode. While I am on the game my whole computer seems to loose the ability to connect to the internet, sometimes windows will still show me that I am indeed connected to the wifi but I still can't access the internet, sometimes the wifi option will simply not show as if I didn't have a network adapter card. the issue only appears when I have my dedicated graphics card selected in the display settings. If I select the intel integrated graphics card I have no issues at all but the game is obviously not very playable if i choose to use integrated graphics

Computer specs:

(this is a laptop)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.00 GHz

Ram: 16.0 GB

GPU : Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti with Max-Q design

Windows build: 22621.2506

What I have tried so far (In order from oldest to newest)

-Changing the resolution of the game

-putting the game is windowed / borderless windowed / fullscreen mode (I found people with the same issue who fixed it by doing that)

-Reinstalled the game

-Reinstalled steam and the game

-Deleted shadercashe2 and spaceengineers.cfg in %appdata%

-Updated the gpu drivers (clean installation)

-Turned off/on gaming mode in windows settings

-Turned off hardware accelelerated gpu scheduling in windows settings

Thats pretty much all the info I have on this. If you need anything else let me know. Thanks for reading

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Carl!

Thank you for writing to us, and we sincerely apologize for the issue you have been experiencing.

Could you please provide additional information about this issue?

You mentioned that the game is showing an error indicating that Steam is offline. It is important to note that you can still play the game even without an internet connection, but you won't be able to access the in-game workshop, join servers, or create a lobby. You can, however, play in single-player mode.

Please make sure that your Steam is in Online mode, your internet connection is stable, and your internet speed is optimal. To check this, try accessing other websites or verifying the internet connection on other devices connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

If your internet is not working or the connection is unstable, there may be an issue with your router. In that case, please consider contacting your router's customer support for further assistance.

In case the internet issue is specific to your current device/PC only, please follow these steps:

• Check if your operating system is up to date.
  • Update your network adapter. To do so, go to Device Manager > Network Adapter > select and right-click on your network adapter > Update Driver > click on "Search automatically for drivers." If there is a new update available, this will update your network drivers.

Once your OS and network adapter are updated, and your internet is stable, please confirm that Steam is in Online mode and verify the game files on Steam.

• Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Once all files are verified successfully, launch the game via Steam and see if the issue persists.

If the issue still occurs, please send us the latest log file from when you experienced the issue, along with the log from the Windows Event Viewer when the issue occurred.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

To get the Windows Event Viewer log, please open the Event Viewer (from the start menu, type Event Viewer). In Event Viewer, go to Windows Logs, Application, and send the top “.NET Runtime” error from Application: SpaceEngineers.exe. (please see attached image).

To do this right, please follow these steps:

1) Select the correct file on the left side (Application)

2) Select first the .NET runtime error from the top (using default ordering)

3) Copy the large bottom text and send it to us.

Please Note: make sure that the info is from the Application: SpaceEngineers.exe

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Carl,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file