Dedicated Server deletes grid on start since Oct '23 update

Mardzi shared this bug 6 months ago
Won't Fix

Since the last update in Oct '23 my Dedicated Server fails to load my base grid on start with the error shown below. When I run the Server a second time, the world loads, but the grid is deleted. I tried multiple save games and also turning off Trash Removal and PCU limits does not make a difference. When I import the backup save to a single player game, everything works and the base grid is still present.

App Version: 01_203_505

Environment.OSVersion: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro (x64)

2023-11-01 16:39:21.559 - Thread:  19 ->     Entities loaded & initialized
2023-11-01 16:39:21.559 - Thread:  19 ->     Error: Error during loading session:Sandbox.Game.Screens.MyLoadingException: An error occurred while loading the world.
The world may be corrupted and can't be loaded.
Please, restart the game and try again.
   at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.ShowLoadingError(Boolean lobbyFailed, MyLobbyStatusCode statusCode, Nullable`1 errorMessage)
   at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.LoadWorld(MyObjectBuilder_Checkpoint checkpoint, MyObjectBuilder_Sector sector)
   at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.Load(String sessionPath, MyObjectBuilder_Checkpoint checkpoint, UInt64 checkpointSizeInBytes, Boolean saveLastStates, Boolean allowXml)
2023-11-01 16:39:21.560 - Thread:  19 ->     Exception while loading world: An error occurred while loading the world.
The world may be corrupted and can't be loaded.
Please, restart the game and try again.
2023-11-01 16:39:21.560 - Thread:  19 ->        at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.ShowLoadingError(Boolean lobbyFailed, MyLobbyStatusCode statusCode, Nullable`1 errorMessage)
   at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.LoadWorld(MyObjectBuilder_Checkpoint checkpoint, MyObjectBuilder_Sector sector)
   at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.Load(String sessionPath, MyObjectBuilder_Checkpoint checkpoint, UInt64 checkpointSizeInBytes, Boolean saveLastStates, Boolean allowXml)
   at Sandbox.Game.World.MySessionLoader.LoadDedicatedSession(String sessionPath, CancelToken cancelToken, Action afterLoad)
   at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.InitQuickLaunch()
2023-11-01 16:39:21.560 - Thread:  19 ->  MySandboxGame.Initialize() - END

Replies (3)

photo

Have you considered blueprinting it from a private world and pasting it back in after the server's online? That would be my best recommendation as a workaround.

photo

Hello Mardzi,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. Can you please share your entire log with me and a copy of your dedicated server? Please also let me know which grid is disappearing and its GPS coordination.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated\Saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file