Atmospheric Thruster Not Working

Alasdair Hutchinson shared this bug 6 months ago
Need More Information

Hello!

I'm working on a world design where there are two planets really close together, with overlapping atmospheres. The problem is it creates a dead zone where atmospheric engines don't work!

I suspect that what is happening is that as I am moving through one atmosphere around Planet A, and approaching Planet B, I hit a zone that is considered "Low Space" for Planet B, outside it's atmosphere but inside its influence, and the thrusters just turn off and the ship crashes =S

At that point Ion engines start working, despite still being inside the atmosphere.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Alasdair!

Thank you for writing to us.

Is the world modded (has active MODs) where you have experienced this issue? If so, kindly disable/remove all MODs from the world and check if the issue persists.

If the issue still occurs, kindly send us the world save file (please mark a GPS point where on reaching the ship crashes), also share a screen recording/video showing the issue and log file when the issue occurs.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.
  • You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Any update on this?

photo
photo

Thanks for the reply!

The world was modded out the wazoo, but I've removed all the cruft now and the issue persists.

I took a quick video at the threshold:

https://youtu.be/vy1PXXzb4_s

And the world file is attached =)

7e378c608be8f448464743bb265353b6

photo

Re-reading I just realized I didn't mark a GPS coordinate, but I deleted everything except the three ships right on the threshold, so it's easy to find.

photo

Another factor that may be important, the threshold seems to be approximately where you cross over from being closer to one planet's core than the other. All 3 ships are at the same distance to both planet cores +/- 10 meters. The Mars-like planet is 50km radius, the Earthlike is 60km radius (100:120 km diameter)

Leave a Comment

Attach a file