Crouching Doesnt work if you Change keybind

Bloodpoison shared this bug 6 months ago
Reported

I Tried placing Crouch on Strg and it Simpy doesnt work, it works fine if i place it back on C, but doesnt on Strg, the Tutorial does Recognize the Input.. sometimes... in space it didnt but in the Space station it did? but i didnt crouch in either situation, again it does work with C but i dont want to crouch with c, also didnt find another Option overriding it so i assume its a bug

Replies (4)

photo

Hello Bloodpoison,

Thank you for contacting us.

I tested the behavior and the right control does not work, however the left control works without a problem. Do you experience the same behavior with the right control as me? If so, then this issue is already reported in this thread.

Please read through it and let me know. Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

So i went and Double checked, for me Neither Left Nor Right Strg works, but i Did notice my Character Slowing down when "Crouching" as if hes walking slower, when using the Left Strg after i Placed Crouch on it, but he doesnt Crouch,

he Does Descent using the backpack tho which is Really weird since it means it Does recognize the Button beeing swapped,

my assumption was that maybe its cause i use a German keyboard so we dont have CTRL but STRG instead which is Essentially the same in most cases, but since i can descent during the Jetpack i dont think thats the case anymore?

either way the Thread you mentioned doesnt seem to be the Same issue im getting, if you need any input from me to Figure it out, Just ask, i can come onto Discord aswell and show it per Screenshare if that helps? i would rlly like having it fixed since having crouch on C feels very unintuitiv for me as a Minecraft player xD

bf0db64052e3ff1696a2ef39adc17eb7

photo
photo

Hello Bloodpoison,

The behavior was tested with German keyboard as well but we were still unable to reproduce the issue which means the keyboards are compatible with Space Engineers and the key bind.

Have you tried to only assign the keys to keyboard 1 or also to keyboard 2?

Are you using any macros on your keyboard?

Are you using any mods, scripts or plugins?

Have you tried to reset your keyboard?

Can you please share a video of your problem with me?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

photo

I Figured out how you can Replicate the issue, its Game Language, in English it worked fine, but after going back to german it didnt work again, heres a video anyway tho

photo

File size is too big, so no vid, but ya... if u set your game to German and restart you can replicate the error yourself

photo
photo

Hello Bloodpoison,

Thank you for noticing it was the German language casing this problem. I was able to reproduce the issue and I reported it into our internal system.

Kind Regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file