[Bug] Game text box does not respond to keyboard input when language switch to Chinese

grox tiny shared this bug 6 months ago
Reported

I don't know how to accurately describe this problem, English is not really my thing. But one thing I can clearly describe is that in the Code Editor of Programable Block, you will not be able to input any code as long as your game language is Chinese.

The specific reproduction steps are:

1. Press K to open control panel of Programmable Block (in Chinese it will be 可编程方块). Of course you need to switch to Chinese and restart the game FIRST.

2. Click "Edit" (in Chinese it will be 编辑) into the Code Editor(in Chinese it's 代码编辑器)

3. And voila! Except for the ESC, no input is valid!

Actually, not only the Code Editor, but also the input of the slider, I do some digging into the log files, maybe is something wrong in the MyGuiScreenXXXX class or something else, IDK.

I have uploaded my log file and screenshots of some issues in the attachment

Replies (4)

photo

Update:

After my testing, I found a temporarily solution to avoid this shit:

1. First go to SpaceEngineers\Content\Data and edit the Fonts.sbc

2. replaces all the FontDataPA with FontDataCH

3. then I rename all MyText.zh-CN.resx to MyText.resx in Data\Localization folder

4. enter the game and switch language to English and restart again

Then the problem will no longer exist.

Hope this can help you guys address it

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for reporting this issue and suggesting a workaround.

We have successfully reproduced the issue and have reported it internally.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I'm quite disappointed to see that the bug report I submitted over 10 days ago is still marked as "Reported" with no updates or changes to its status. While I understand development takes time, the lack of any acknowledgement or progress updates after two weeks is frustrating.

Could someone from the dev team please provide some insight into where this bug stands in the priority list? Even a rough timeline of when it might be addressed would be appreciated. The complete lack of communication after two weeks leaves me in the dark and feeling ignored.

photo

2 months, and this issue has not been addressed in the latest minor update.

I urge the development team to prioritize player feedback, especially when it concerns significant aspects of the game experience. I sincerely hope to see this issue resolved in the next update.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file