Drone cant be controlled when docked

eclipse shared this bug 6 months ago
Need More Information

I cant control my repair drone when i dock it, whenever i un-dock it by using a terminal on the ship it can be remotely controlled just fine. i have another controllable drone that is able to connect when docked, i don't know the problem, i checked the ownership and everything. Is it just a bug that needs to be fixed? or am i just stupid

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for writing to us.

Could you kindly share a world save file that has both drones, one that could be controlled and the other that cannot. Please also send a screen recording/video showing how the other docked drone is working as you except it to work.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

u still there, did i do something wrong?

photo
photo

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17f8bqrD180PeVuAu7advTiA-oFSDMtpe the working drone is at the marker named " hydrogen farm " . im having trouble with the drones " repair drone " and " MS battle drone " they are at my base, the battle drone is docked to the " mothership ( the big ship at my base ) and the repair drone is also at the hydrogen farm.

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for providing the world save file.

Though the said drones were unable to be remotely controlled when docked in the provided save/world, but when the same drones were pasted and docked to grid in other new/vanilla (with no active MODs) world, they can be controlled remotely (please see the attached screenshots).

Could you kindly confirm if any MODs were active in the provided world save initially, which might have been removed later or during the occurrence of this issue? It's possible that this issue might have been caused by MODs originally, and even after their removal, MOD dependencies persist in that particular world save, causing the issue there.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

At the time, no mods were installed. I did install a script if that counts as a mod.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file