Invisible and/or Desynced EnvironmentItems

Doktor shared this bug 6 months ago
Won't Fix

I have an issue that I run into with planets.

The in-game issue results in invisible trees that I run into. Or boulders that I can phase into (in that I can see it, run into and fly through it) and provide no materials when mining. Plus they don't suffer any visible voxel deformation.

I've also ran into the issue where, when online, one player can see boulders that I cannot see and vice versa.

Both of these issues are usually indicative that the Density is set too high for those and surrounding objects. However there is no information telling me "what is too much". So when creating planets I tend to go for what looks good. Then see if I have those issues, but since it involves online play it's a tedious process to test. But if I do have those issues, I will lower density on objects until we can't find any more instances of it. But since that's usually only me and one other player it's not a good test to see if the issue is gone.

This may be related to the issue for boulders. But some of them will show it has one type of ore inside, but will have something else once you mine into it.

Replies (4)

photo

This also happens on Keen servers with default density settings. Invisible trees and boulders that can be interacted with by some but not all players.

I have also seen a situation on Alien planet right at the 5km boundary from an NPC station where another player could see ore spots on the surface and ore veins below the surface visually but only got stone when mining the ore. When I went to look, I could not see the ore spots on the surface nor could I see the ore veins under ground. I know there is a 5km radius around NPC stations that excludes ores. So it was odd that he could see them, but I could not. And that though he could see them, he did not get ore when mining, only stone.

photo

Hello Doktor,

Thank you for contacting us.

It seems that the issue is the same as this one. Can you please read through it and let me know if you think the player is experiencing similar behavior to yours?

Similar problem can arise from using voxel hands and mods, like in this report.

If you are having different problems with voxels, can you please share your world save with me with GPS coordination of the boulders and trees?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I don’t know the last time I utilized meteors. But I imagine they would behave the same way in that they’d spawn the meteor strike areas with ore. I can see it being affected by overall density as well. If local EnvironmentItems are set too high then the player will start to see this issue.

I assume boulders containing ore other than what they scanned as is tied to it as well.

I’ll try to replicate it in a single player save but I’m not sure if I’ve actually seen the issue when in an offline world. I know when building one of my planets I could play offline and have no issues with boulders/trees. But when I put it on a server and tested it, I would find plenty of instances of it. This was done utilizing the same hardware.

photo
photo

Hello Doktor,

Did you manage to reproduce this issue in single player or on a server which you can share with me?

Thank you for letting me know.

Kind Regards,

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file