SP Sensors not detecting docked small grid after copy/paste

Mozo shared this bug 6 months ago
Won't Fix

Single player, survival mode with creative ON, mods loaded but none that mess with sensors.

Small grid (hand made) with a sensor underneath so as to detect "about to dock on an already docked ship" and therefore abort the docking procedure.

Tested with a connected connector and battery placed on the stations connector and locked.

Sensor set to detect small ships and subgrids (subgrids because when docked a small ship is not seen as a small ship !!)

Ship performs correctly and aborts every time.

Remove temporary battery and connector and take a Copy of the ship, now allow the ship to dock.

Paste in a copy of said ship and watch it try to dock. It ignores the one already docked and tries to land on top of it.

Save and reload the game and manually fly the (pasted) ship away a bit, now tell it to dock.

It will correctly abort the docking until the other (first) ship is clear.

Replies (8)

photo

Hello Mozo,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with sensors. Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce it and the sensors detected the ship every time. Could you please share your vanilla world save with me?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

In vanilla with such a small world i could not reproduce this. I suspect it might happen due to sim load in more complex worlds ?

I have attached a setup save for testing if required.

To test, switch on 'Sensor Field Display' in the Info screen and move forwards, all operates correctly.

Take a copy of the drone and paste the copy then try again. In my complex world the sensor doesn't trigger until i save and reload the world.

Maybe close this if unable to reproduce yourselves ?

photo

Hello Mozo,

Thank you for the world save. I tested the behavior and just like when you tested it I could not reproduce it. Do you have a copy of the world save which is more complex? Could I test it there as well? You can share a world save of a dedicated server with me as well if you are the one running it and it is stored in your SpaceEngineersDedicated folder.

Kind regards,

photo

You asked "Do you have a copy of a more complex world ?"

Yes i do but it's currently my Youtube series so to avoid any spoilers i'm hesitant to share that world right now.

It does seem to be intermittent, with three semi autonomous ships running sometimes it works correctly. It is entirely possible i've screwed something up - can i get back to you once i have less recording time pressure when i will also be able to share that world save ?

photo

Hello Mozo,

If you are not comfortable sharing your world save publicly, you can email us the copy through our official email: support@keenswh.com

Please state that you do not wish for the email to be made public and mention the thread that you are sharing the world save for.

Additionally you can open another thread once you are in less time pressure. All threads are closed after 14 days without a response from an user or you can let me know and I will close this thread for you.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

I think for now i'll do some more testing and if (un)successful i'll open a new ticket.

Thanks for your time so far - i appreciate you're **Keen** to follow up on bugs ;)

photo

Hello Mozo,

In that case, would you like me to close this ticket and you can open another thread if you successfully reproduce the behavior?

Of course, we are always happy to help :)

Kind regards,

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file