Life degradation bug with no energy

Romain C. shared this bug 6 months ago
Won't Fix

Hi,

Sometime when i got 0 point of energy some weird things append :

- sometime that works completly i lost 100 hp ( 40 % of the time )

- sometime i lost nothing still at 100 hp for hours with no energy

- sometime the process to decrese the life start to work and stop for no aparent reason

for exemple today i start to lose hp till 72hp where this system stop work and with no energy i stand with 72hp

This bug apear in Multi Player, into the official keen EU#1 server and i see it in solo but i dont really notice it since i use the admin tool to build in creative but i have tested and that apear in solo to

I hope so you will find the root of this bug in advance thanks.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello. Romain!

Thank you for writing to us.

In the Survival game mode, different scenarios can occur when a character's energy reaches '0', depending on the environment and conditions. Here are some examples:

• If you're in space, where there is no atmosphere, and your character's energy depletes to '0', your character will start to suffocate, and its health will gradually decrease until it eventually dies when health reaches '0'.
  • If you're in a pressurized space, such as a closed grid filled with oxygen, or on a planet like Earth (which has an environment), your character's health will remain the same or at 100% if you haven't already lost any HP when it's energy reaches '0'.
  • If you're in space and your energy reaches '0', your health will start to deplete. However, if you move into a pressurized environment, your health will stop depleting, and if it's below 70%, it will refill up to 70% while being in the pressurized environment.

It seems that the issue you've described aligns with the scenarios explained above, but in case it differs, please try the following steps:

Verify your game files on Steam

• Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Delete ShaderCache folder

• Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg

After following these steps, relaunch the game via Steam and check if the issue persists.

If the issue continues, kindly provide us with screen recordings or videos showing the issues you've encountered when playing on Keen's official server or in your world save (in Survival Mode), along with the log files from when the issue occurred. If the issue is consistent across both the server and single-player world (with no active MODs), please send us the world save file as well.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a Google Drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Romain,

As there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file