Game Crashing from voice chat

Rofbad shared this bug 6 months ago
Won't Fix

i asked the discord and they said your game crashing from voice chat and here is the log

Replies (12)

photo

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House

photo

Hello Rofbad,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing crashes. Can you please provide me with more information?

Did the crash occur immediately after turning on the voice chat? Did it happen after an update (operating system or game)? Did you try any troubleshooting steps?

If not, here a few things you can try:

Disable all of the plugins, scripts and mods you are using. I noticed couple of errors in your log which were linked to malfunctioning mods.

Verify your game files in Steam

-Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it

Restart Steam

Reinstall VC Redist 2017

Update graphic drivers

Reinstall the game

Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Please let me know if any of the above worked. In case you are still experiencing the crashes, please share your latest log from vanilla gameplay with me.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

hello me and my friend was playing a game it was working normally but it started to crash i redownloaded the game and it crashed after a while again its not crashing immediatly here is the latest crash after redownloading the game

photo

generally it crashes when i like place a block open a screen share or its just random i open my inventory bum crash but it says causing is the voice chat

photo

Hello Rofbad,

Thank you for the latest log. Can you please let me know which of the troubleshooting steps you have taken? Have you only reinstalled the game?

Can you please deactivate all of the mods, scripts and plugins as I asked you to do in my previous message? After doing so, please share your newest vanilla log from the time of the crash with me.

Does this only happen during multiplayer? Does the game crash or does the server crash? If possible, can you please record a video of the steps taken before the crash?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

its happening in modded multiplayer ill tell you when i deactive and try but can i try in other world i dont want to mess up mine world

photo

Hello Rofbad,

Did you manage to reproduce this in vanilla world as well?

Thank you for letting me know.

Kind regards,

photo

so me and friend opened a world i literally opened even the video record from obs in 720 p and no crashes maybe a mod causing it to crash i thinked we have a mods that decrease grinder welder and driller sounds maybe thats bugging the voicechat and causing crash i dont know vanilla no crash in result

photo

Hello Rofbad,

Thank you for testing this in vanilla gameplay as well. Since you cannot reproduce it and from what you are saying it seems like the mods are causing this issue, can I close this thread? If there is anything I can further assist you with, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

this is the last crash log can you tell me which mod is crashing it?

photo

Hello Rofbad,

Please keep in mind that we do not and can not support mods as there are hundreds and probably thousands of them out there. It's the mod creator/owner responsibility to make sure their mods are working fine with the current game version.

Same goes with scripts and plugins.

You can however, deactivate one mod at a time and rule out which mod is crashing the game. Then you can contact the mod creator and let them know about your findings.

Thank you for understanding and please let me know if there is anything else you need help with.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file