Something else than the player is disabling AI behavior in AI blocks

Ihateregisteringforthis shared this bug 6 months ago
Solved

I have a drone that uses a defense AI block to trigger a timer when enemies are detected. The timer launches a sequence of actions (unlock connector, enable offensive AI). The 2nd slot triggers a timer with a return to base sequence that is made with the AI recorder block. It all works when I trigger the actions manually. Very nice.

No where in my timer or action setups do I disable the defense AI block. But when I build reactor some hundred meters away, and transfer ownership to Pirates, something strange happens: Somehow the AI behavior in the AI block is turned off. This means the Drone will start attacking but never initiate the RTB sequence because defense AI behavior is off. The drone is now broken.

Furthermore, after destroying the target, the offensive AI block fails to set the guns "shoot" value to off, meaning the drone is just sitting there shooting into the void.

Save file is attached.

Reproduce by first enabling defense AI behavior again and disable shooting, then the drone will return to base. Build a large reactor and transfer ownership to pirates.

I think this is not limited to defense AI blocks but also happens with offense AI blocks, but I got demotivated by a reply in the steam forums from dev suggesting it's my own problem so you can find that out yourself :)

Replies (2)

photo

Yeah alright the description says "disables all other blocks of the same type" so this is to be expected.

photo

Hello, Engineer,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem that you are experiencing.

Do I understand it correctly from your update in the comment, that you did found out that everything is working fine and as expected? Can I close this thread?

Thank you in advance for your reply and confirming/disproving this.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello there!

Thanks for your reply. Indeed, This ticket can be closed.

photo

Hello, Engineer,

thank you for your reply and for confirming this.

I will close this thread now.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file