AI task recorder skipping waypoints/not responding to command

Adomus shared this bug 6 months ago
Won't Fix

I cant post this on the support portal so sending an email to report the bug instead.

Unsure if this has already been reported. But AI task recorders are fairly unresponsive on dedicates severs (at least mine).

They often will not respond when given the ai-behaviour on command and move, and on the AI task recorder (with manual waypoints added) and will often cycle through their index reporting it is complete without the action taking place.

There seems to be a large issue around skipping waypoints and a secondary issue around not responding at all.

Once this break happens, which is frequently, it will take 4+ attempts of AI behviour off on the move module and ai behaviour off on the AI task recorder module and setting behaviour on and play on the relevant blocks.

So far I get around this issue by using a script, but that is not 100% reliable as the AI task recorder also skips waypoints.

Its a frustrating bug, where automated haulers and even docking drones start to become problematic.

I have tested this by stopping all scripts in my world, but it doesnt seem to matter or make an appreciable difference on my server.

If you need futher info I am happy to submit worldsave or you can witness the behaviour on my server for better info.

AI task recorder will also periodically ignore altitute limits too.

Best Regards,

Adomus

Replies (7)

photo

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Can you please specify on what platform are you playing the game and experiencing this issue?

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

No problem,  PC, dedicated server

Best Regards,

Adomus

photo

Hello!

Thank you for your reply. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for writing to us.

It seems that you are experiencing a similar issue to the one reported here.

As you can see in the thread linked above, this player encountered a similar issue with the AI Recorder when reaching a waypoint and toggling actions.

If the issue you're experiencing is not same to what was discussed in the above thread, we kindly request that you provide us with a screen recording/video showing the issue as it occurs on your server. Additionally, please include your server save and the log file.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated\Saves. You will find your server save here.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.
  • You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

The other thread shows one of the issues but I have worked around that using a timer block using trigger now - this one superceedsit by not even following the waypoint.

I am at work at the moment, but I will prepare the save and chop out the relevant video clips and post them here later.

Appreciate the quick response on this - im sure im not the only one experiencing this pain with the AI blocks. Also sorry for ruining someones day with this bug report lol.

I will update shortly.

Best Regards,

Adomus

photo

Hello, engineer!

It's been a while since there has been an update on this thread. Could you kindly confirm whether this issue is still persisting or if it has been resolved?

If the issue persists, we kindly request you send us the information requested in our previous response.

Kind Regards,

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file