This object is in archive! 

Single Player inventory lost on save load

Kelly Louwers shared this bug 12 months ago
Won't Fix

I have only started experiencing this bug recently. On single player save file load, my inventory resets, as if I had died. This is NOT a multiplayer server or personal home server. This IS a single player save file only on a single laptop. The simulation is not running after I save and exit. I have encountered this bug twice in the past couple days. The conditions in which this occurs are when I sit in a control seat of my ship, menu save the game, and then click exit to close the game out. When I come back to the game in a day or so, and load the save file, my inventory is empty.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Kelly,

thank you for reaching our forum with your problem.

However, when I did try, I did not experience same issue; all my belongings that my character had in the inventory are still present after save/load.

Can you please provide me more information?

Does this happen to you only in one game, or multiple? Is this happening with a single specific grid, as you are mentioning sitting in the control seat on a ship, or do you lose the inventory items also in other circumstances?

Are there any mods active on the affected save? If yes, please take all mods out and try again; we do not support mods as such, the issue needs to be reproducible in vanilla (no mods) game.

Please first try these general workarounds as these solve most of the issues:

• Verify your game files in Steam – right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall the game

Please let me know if anything of this list help you with this issue.

If not, can you please share me the affected save file, so I can take a look myself in your exact environment?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Also please add other files from the saves folder to the download, so I can investigate these and use them for testing when needed. Those are: ViewedContent.sbl, LastSession.sbl and ActiveInventory.sbl.

You can also attach the log file when you start the game and there are missing items in the characters inventory. The logs can be found in the same Roaming/SE folder. Please make sure you send me the one from the affected game session. You can tell the date and time from the numbers in the file name.

It might also be good if you can specify what type of items do you for example have when saving/leaving the game, that are lost when you load back in. What your inventory contain after you experience this issue and are spawned without items? Is it completely empty, or do you still have some items (the base ones like grinder, welder, weapon...)?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Kelly,

As there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!