This object is in archive! 

Constant Freezing

Welsh Draig shared this bug 12 months ago
Solved

Hi,

I have been playing space engineers a lot for the past month, and I had no issues with freezing for the first maybe week, in which I was using maximum graphics settings at 1440p. After that I started freezing on auto-save, which was fixed after a reinstall of the game. I did lower my settings to be minimum and just have anisotropic filtering on 16x about 2 weeks ago now though.

For the last 2 days though, I have been getting really long freezes (around 1-3 minutes in length) that have nothing to do with autosaving. The character freezes along with effects, but any animated textures still do their animation e.g. Wind turbines, trees, welding effects, etc.

I have watched my performance on my second monitor using task manager, and none of my components are being used 100%, nor do they spike in usage when I freeze. (Screenshots attached are task manager performance tab and processes tab)

My PC specs in case it's an issue with the brand of component:

CPU:

Ryzen 5 3600x

RAM:

Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB 3600MHz C16 (Running at 2133MHz)*

Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB 3000MHz C16 (Running at 2133MHz)*

Storage:

WD Black SN770 2TB (Running at full PCIe4.0x4)

WD Blue SN550 1TB (Formatted)

GPU:

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Ti

Replies (7)

photo

Hello, Welsh!

Thank you for writing to us, and we apologize for the issue you have been experiencing.

Could you kindly share further information?

Did you experience this issue when playing on a particular single-player world or a multiplayer server (Lobby/Dedicated Server/Keen's Officials Servers)?

Was the world where you experienced this issue modded (has any active MODs)? If so, it might be possible you are experiencing freezing issues because of MODs. To check this, kindly create/start a new single-player vanilla world (with no active MODs) or join a vanilla server, and see if you still experience the issue. If the issue persists, kindly try the following steps that could resolve this issue;

Verify your game files on Steam

• Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Delete ShaderCache folder

• Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg

Once you have followed these steps, please launch the game via Steam and start a new vanilla world or join a vanilla server.

If the issue still occurs, kindly send us the log file from when you experienced the freezing issue.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi,

I was playing on a multiplayer lobby with Mods, but, I didn't even really think about it it's been freezing on the main menu as well.

To try and fix this I uninstalled the game, then deleted the appdata folder, then reinstalled the game. Then it froze on the main menu again while changing settings. I also replaced the VRage.Platform.Windows.dll and VRage.Library.dll with the ModSDK ones.

Kind regards

photo

Just to clarify. It froze before pressing apply,

photo

I played for around 4-6 hours yesterday and I had no freezing issues?

As far as I know there wasn't an update, I didn't update windows, or my drivers. So I'm not sure what happened.

photo

Hello, Welsh!

Thank you for sharing the update.

It is quite possible that your driver/OS auto-update or restarting Steam/PC could have resolved the issue.

Please let us know if the issue has been permanently resolved for you, so that we can close the thread. If the issue still occurs, kindly try the above-mentioned steps (if not already attempted) and, in case the issue persists, send us the log file.

Kind Regards,

photo

Hi, I just had a windows update and now it's freezing on the main menu again (Windows 10 Pro 22H2 build 19045.3570)

Updating graphics drivers fixed it again... for now.

photo

Hello, Welsh!

Thank you for the update.

We're pleased to hear that the graphics driver update resolved the issue, at least for the time being.

We are closing this thread for now, but if you happen to experience this issue again or observe any other issues, please don't hesitate to contact us and create a new thread with all the required information regarding the issue.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards,

Replies have been locked on this page!