fake hole fillings

rocky shared this bug 6 months ago
Won't Fix

have a DS and the voxels where we was mining on earth look as if they was filled you can still fall, walk, fly in the whole and once past the surface you have no walls you can hit said invisible walls but you can se inside the planet. i looked it up keen claims they fixed this but it looks like not. is there a work around to getting the render right?

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, rocky,

thank you for reaching our forum with the problem that you are experiencing.

However, I was not able to reproduce this issue even with altering Trash removal - Voxels settings. All the holes that I did on my server were filled and closed properly, with the collisions being there as well.

Can you please provide me more information?

Is the hole still there on the same spot for you (after save/load)? Does it happen to other players on the server as well, or are you the only one on the server experiencing this?

Did you alter any trash removal/voxel settings on the server or are you using the default settings?

Did you do some special steps that lead to the hole appearing (the place without collisions)? What were the last actions that you did on the server?

Are there any mods active on the server? If yes, can you please try to remove them and relaunch the game to see if the issue persist on vanilla (no mods) game as well?

If the place is still there for you, can you please share me a save file of the server and some directions where this hole is and how to find it?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated\Saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I appreciate the gast response,

I was the only one on the server and it dose seam to have fixed it self after I reset the client side game closed and rejoined the server. It looks to be a client side problem I don't know if it was happening to other players as we have a small group that play.

Just prior the issue I 7sed an admin transport player here to m9ve to the base really quick as the base wouldn't stream in inassume this may have been where the issue was.

photo

Hello, rocky,

thank you for your reply.

Since you are writing that the issue fixed itself after rejoining the game, do I understand it correctly that you are no longer experiencing it? If not, can I please close this thread?

Otherwise I would need the affected save file where this problem can be observed as I mentioned in my previous comment, or some solid steps to reproduce that when followed would lead to this issue to start happening in the game.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello rocky,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file