Blurry Ore

Julian Burns shared this bug 6 months ago
Need More Information

Space Engineers - Base Game (No Mods) & New Game Save

All ores on moon and on asteroids are blurry even at close range.

Once you hand drilled the ore deposit, the ore node creates the correct textured piece of ore and then the main ore deposit displays the correct texture.

Once you pick up the last piece of ore on the surface the main ore deposit reverts to a blurry texture again and the process repeats...

Altering Graphics settings have no effect on the situation.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Julian,

thank you for letting us know about this.

Can you please share me more information? I did not observe anything like you are describing.

It would be good if you can provide me a screenshot/video recording of the issue happening on your side.

Furthermore it would also help me, if you can share me a save file of the affected game, so I can try in your exact environment.

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Does this happen for all games that you try and play (single player, any online mode – Lobby, official Keen servers, some other servers)? Or only in some games?

Can you also please share me a log file from the game session where you are observing this issue?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Ondrej Borz

Thank you for your rapid response to this irritating bug I have.

I have created a completely New Test Save Game for you [Custom Game - Star System - Survival - Offline - Moon Drop Pod Respawn]

I normally only use the Custom Game - Star System - Survival setup and vary the drop pod respawn locations, only playSingle Player / No Servers, creative mode for designing.

This bug appears in every game I now create - I have over 2000 hours played in this game and took a break for a short while, but recently returned and purchased the last 2 DLC released to complete my collection and the bug has appeared since they were downloaded. This might be a cause or coincidence.

1. Log Attached - Above
  2. Save File Attached - zip_16x16Blurry Ore - Test Game.zip
  3. Video Attached - video_16x16Space Engineers Blurry Ore Footage.mp4 (Iron / Cobalt / Nickel)

Good hunting

Many Thanks

Julian Burns

photo

Hello, Julian,

thank you for the files you provided.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to download it from the One drive. Can you please re-upload the files either here directly as an attachment or you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi Ondrej Borz

Second attempt at uploading files requested

Log Attached - Above

Video Attached - https://drive.google.com/file/d/197JFNnP8NLalHKXQHpBldyzIn9gIJbZt/view?usp=sharing

Save Game Attached - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kcystZ14NuyNcY_QsqKBFp-DOry4TOqt/view?usp=sharing

Many Thanks

Julian Burns

Leave a Comment

Attach a file